Sunday, February 22, 2009

My first post....

Hello!

Welcome to my blog! I never thought that I would actually begin doing this, but after watching my good friend Yuri Elkaim share his passion and knowledge with so many people in such an easy way, I knew I had to give it a shot!

My name is Dr. Henry Candelaria and I have recently taken the dive and entered into business for myself in the opening of Saúde Centre of Physical Rehab and Therapy, a new manual therapy and rehab clinic in Toronto's Little Italy. I love the name... because no one knows how to pronounce it! (see http://forvo.com/word/sa%C3%BAde/ for pronunciation) It's great! It gives me an opportunity to explain the meaning of the word to everyone I encounter. Similar to the French word santé, saúde is the Portuguese word for health commonly used to wish someone well while sharing a drink. I thought it was a fitting name given the neighbourhood in which I was establishing myself (surrounded by great restaurants and lounges), my Portuguese heritage, and my profession.

At Saúde Centre, I strive on facilitating a multidisciplinary rehab approach focusing on functional rehabilitation of musculoskeletal (MSK) injuries. The clinic team is committed to offering the highest quality conventional and non-traditional MSK health services in a way that stresses humanity, compassion, and quality-of-life for our patients. Saúde is distinguished from other rehab centres by providing excellent customer service, and evidence based manual therapy and rehab to the community. We pride ourselves on providing the best in interdisciplinary functional rehab as well as expertise in the best alternative treatments and manual therapy approaches to MSK injuries. We aim to be the first choice for individuals who have experienced an injury, sports related or otherwise, are preparing for surgery, have had surgery, suffer from chronic pain, have experienced a work place or motor vehicle accident (MVA) related injury, or are simply looking to improve their overall MSK health and well-being.

I hope to use this blog as a means of regular contact, sharing new information, updating you on my professional progress, opinions, venting, and updating you on the Saúde project. I hope you will find it informative and intriguing.

If you're in the Toronto area, please feel free to come by and check us out or simply to say hello! If you're not, please check out our website (www.saudeclinic.ca) for more information on what we do, the services we provide, and to meet our team members!


I look forward to meeting you in cyber space or in person.

Keep well.

Henry



No comments:

Post a Comment